After five years in business, Far Reach added an Internet marketing and creative team to further our own business goals and to serve as a resource to our clients. This change meant it was time to analyze and revamp our brand, including the following:
- New name
- New logo
- Website overhaul
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Blog and content strategy
- Social media strategy
Name and Logo
We shortened our name from Far Reach Technologies to Far Reach. It’s easier to remember and better represents the expanded services we now offer. The name change also lends itself to a fresher, cleaner logo.
The old Far Reach website wasn’t really reflective of our culture and brand, and it didn’t highlight our newly added Internet marketing, design, and creative services. The new and improved Far Reach website better showcases our services, expertise,
and completed projects, and provides a better explanation of our Core Values
In addition, we were getting lower-than-desired traffic to pages we felt were important: Services, Portfolio, and Contact. To drive traffic to these pages on the new site, we focused on internal linking, well-placed calls to action, and
a more user-friendly portfolio interface.
These changes resulted in traffic increases:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
It’s important that any new website be easily found by search engines. The sites Far Reach develops have search engine optimization (SEO) built-in, but it requires an ongoing strategy to continue to grow. We chose approximately 50 keywords, with
a focus on on-page optimization, blog content, and social backlinks.
The report below shows the drastic increase in search engine ranks just one month after the new website launched.
Blog and Social Media Content Strategy
Blogs and social networks are an effective way to share information with people and with search engines. We focused our blog and social media content on providing value to our customers, integrating our SEO keywords, and driving leads and traffic back
to the Far Reach website.
Since the launch, the Far Reach website has seen a steady increase in referrals from the blog to the website.
Lessons from this Internet Marketing Project
- Have a clear vision of the goals for your website. What are you trying to communicate? What content is most important for site visitors to view? Keep these goals in mind throughout the design process.
- Successful SEO is a combination of strong on-site optimization, along with diligent content creation and social engagement. These elements work together synergistically and, when executed well, provide current and prospective clients significant value.
- A well-designed website that reflects a company’s culture and brand will serve as an important hub for all other marketing and sales efforts.