Move over, Oprah. Far Reach has started a book club, too.
It’s called Far Reads, and we plan to share what we learn with you in future blog posts.
Here’s how Far Reads works:
- Choose – An employee chooses a business-related book for everyone to read.
- Purchase – Far Reach purchases a copy of the book for each employee.
- Read – Employees read one-third of the book prior to each meeting.
- Meet – The book club meets every other Wednesday from 1-2 p.m.
- Discuss – The employee who suggested the book leads the discussion.
The idea for a company-wide book club came from partner Chad Feldmann—as a way to learn and grow—both from the book and each other.
You can learn all about our book club in this article from The Courier.
We just finished our first book, Rework, and we’ll give you our recap soon. Next up for Far Reads: Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time.