As we mentioned
, we’re kicking off a series of blog posts that cover Far Reach’s 11 Core Values.
In our first post, we explained the why and what of our Core Values in general. In this post, we’re focusing on Core Value #1: Make a Difference
What does “Make a Difference” mean to Far Reach? On our website, we describe it this way: “By increasing the quality of life, in whatever ways we can, for as many people as we can, we contribute something very valuable.”
To introduce this Core Value to our team at our weekly Huddle, we played a lively round of Family Feud and discussed the many ways we make a difference within our team, for our clients, and for our community.
Below, I’ve highlighted
just a few of the ways we bring this Core Value to life on a daily basis:
Making a Difference within Our Team
- We make sure everyone on the team is comfortable sharing ideas. This also requires that everyone be committed to listening to and considering the ideas of others.
- We emphasize the important role each individual plays within a small company. It’s critical that every team member makes a difference at Far Reach, every single day.
- Our team members support each other. We help out our co-workers who are on deadline, who have a family emergency, or who could benefit from our particular expertise.
- We check in regularly. While everyone is encouraged to bring up issues whenever they arise, at a minimum, every team member has a monthly touch-base meeting where they can share concerns and ideas and receive feedback. This ensures
small issues don’t become large ones, and helps everyone feel heard.
Making a Difference for Our Clients
- We go above and beyond for our clients whenever possible. Realizing sometimes little things can make a big difference, our team is empowered to look for ways to make life easier for our clients. They don't have to ask
permission for things that simply make sense.
- We take the time to truly analyze the needs of our clients. We ask a lot of questions to make sure we fully understand our clients’ goals. Not surprisingly, this results in much more effective solutions.
Making a Difference in Our Community
Far Reach team members wrap holiday gifts to contribute to the Lowell Elementary Adopt-a-Family program.
- We support organizations that make a difference to our community. Even though we’re still a young company, we‘ve made a strong commitment to giving back. Like any small business, we don’t have unlimited resources of time and money. We carefully consider the causes we support and say “yes” as much
as possible. In turn, we have a much stronger sense of connection with our community (and vice versa) than we would otherwise.
- We support our team members in their own personal community commitments. We give our employees the flexibility to give back in ways that are meaningful to them. Whether it's leaving a little early for a board meeting, sponsoring a child's soccer team, or pulling together a foursome to participate in a charity golf tournament, we encourage
our team to be actively engaged in community efforts about which they're passionate.
How does your company make a difference for its team, its clients or customers, and its community? At Far Reach, we’re always looking for ways to have a bigger impact and would love to hear your ideas.