Wartburg set the bar high with a goal of 500 donors for its first UKnight Day. That meant every feature needed to make an emotional connection with potential donors.
The pre-event page used a teaser video to build excitement and a countdown clock to create anticipation.
A post-event page celebrated the results, shared interesting donor stats, and gave people who missed UKnight Day an opportunity to participate.
The day-of-event page
- Real-time chart with donor goal vs. actual donations to keep people coming back to check progress throughout the day
- Interactive map showing donations as locations to build a sense of community
- Countdown clock to create urgency
- Real-time donor message board for people to share why they gave
- Moderated social media feed to encourage people to spread the word
- Online donation form with as few steps as possible to make giving easy